Barack Obama promotes his gigantic spending bill in the Washington Post, with a string of straw man attacks against critics: Barack Obama - The Action Americans Need.
In recent days, there have been misguided criticisms of this plan that echo the failed theories that helped lead us into this crisis — the notion that tax cuts alone will solve all our problems...
I have not heard of a single person who says “tax cuts alone” are the solution.
... that we can meet our enormous tests with half-steps and piecemeal measures...
Who has ever said this? Who would say such a ridiculous thing?
... that we can ignore fundamental challenges such as energy independence and the high cost of health care and still expect our economy and our country to thrive.
“Ignore energy independence and health care?” Again, where can I find the pundits who write these things? Because I read a lot of political opinion pieces, and I don’t recall ever seeing such a viewpoint advocated.
This is the same kind of empty, false rhetoric he employed in his campaign—attacking stances that no one has espoused, and no one even would espouse. The very definition of a straw man argument.
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On Francisco Franco
On Francisco Franco written by Charles Few Americans know much about Francisco Franco, leader of the winning side in the Spanish C...
-
my jail shoes on the well kept cemetary lawn both of them weeping their one good son now was gone the irony to see my dad down on his knees ...
-
A Fly urinates every 4.5 minutes.
-
Klamath Falls, Or. As part of my training I have been assigned friday night rounds at the local medical center. During this time I shadow...
No comments:
Post a Comment