http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/16/AR2009051602390_pf.html
"The usually crammed infield at the Preakness Stakes, which earned thatnickname because of drunken fighting and other forms of debauchery,was far from full as post time neared. Gone were the topless women,and the teens who raced and stumbled across the tops of portabletoilets, pelted with beer cans as they went.
To restore civility to what had become little more than an all-dayparty, officials at the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore bannedspectators this year from bringing their own beverages, includingbeer, onto the infield. The move contributed to a 30 percent drop inattendance, and it drew plenty of complaints.
"I'm here, but I'm not happy," said Chad Jones, 35, a mortgage brokerfrom Baltimore. He was among a smattering of fans on an infield thatordinarily draws 60,000."
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On Francisco Franco
On Francisco Franco written by Charles Few Americans know much about Francisco Franco, leader of the winning side in the Spanish C...
-
my jail shoes on the well kept cemetary lawn both of them weeping their one good son now was gone the irony to see my dad down on his knees ...
-
Klamath Falls, Or. As part of my training I have been assigned friday night rounds at the local medical center. During this time I shadow...
-
A Fly urinates every 4.5 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment