The Atlantic Monthly November 1960
First Wave at Omaha Beach
When he was promoted to officer rank at eighteen, S. L. A. MARSHALL was the youngest shavetail in the United States Army during World War I. He rejoined the Army in 1942, became a combat historian with the rank of colonel; and the notes he made at the time of the Normandy landing are the source of this heroic reminder.
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/196011/omaha
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On Francisco Franco
On Francisco Franco written by Charles Few Americans know much about Francisco Franco, leader of the winning side in the Spanish C...
-
my jail shoes on the well kept cemetary lawn both of them weeping their one good son now was gone the irony to see my dad down on his knees ...
-
Klamath Falls, Or. As part of my training I have been assigned friday night rounds at the local medical center. During this time I shadow...
-
A Fly urinates every 4.5 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment