Ex-FBI official says he's 'Deep Throat'
Magazine quotes him as saying he was 'doing his duty'
MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 12:23 p.m. ET May 31, 2005
W. Mark Felt, who retired from the FBI after rising to its second most senior position, has identified himself as the "Deep Throat" source quoted by The Washington Post to break the Watergate scandal that led to President Nixon's resignation, Vanity Fair magazine said Tuesday.
'"I'm the guy they used to call Deep Throat," he told John D. O'Connor, the author of Vanity Fair's exclusive that appears in its July issue.
Felt, now 91 and living in Santa Rosa, Calif., reportedly gave O'Connor permission to disclose his identity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On Francisco Franco
On Francisco Franco written by Charles Few Americans know much about Francisco Franco, leader of the winning side in the Spanish C...
-
my jail shoes on the well kept cemetary lawn both of them weeping their one good son now was gone the irony to see my dad down on his knees ...
-
A Fly urinates every 4.5 minutes.
-
Klamath Falls, Or. As part of my training I have been assigned friday night rounds at the local medical center. During this time I shadow...
2 comments:
I hope he is not deep throat. Something anti climatic about someone declaring themselves this person. I hold out for Woodward and Bernstein anouncing it upon the true person's death.
So much for holding out. At least I can say he wore stylish glasses back in the day.
Post a Comment